Reinstalling and reactivating WHS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Ken,

please don't lock this question i ask, when i write to this forum that i DID try to activate it over the phone including with assistance of support guy in Israel.
    Israel says they don't sale nor support ms whs. I'm not asking here for new KEY.
    I'm sorry I'm angry but you act like every one in MS instead of listening, you presume you answered and send me back.
    ms Israel told me to go to forum, I'm going to forum after trying to activate with phone, and you send me back to them. <-- there is no logic here.
    i have the phone for Israel support and i have email from them telling me to go to forum as they will not support whs in Israel.
    all i need is not key, but person or number in MS of support person who can help me.
    over the phone when i try to activate using my cd key i get error and it will not activate.
    i ask you to please not lock my question when its not answered i think its wrong.
    i have legally copy from MS that i paid and i think i have the right to get from MS my WHS working as i paid for it.
    instead I'm now 2 weeks calling ms and writing in ms forums, and now you close my question and send me back to solution that didn't work.

all i did was replaced dead primary hdd with new one  on same hardware and all 7 other hdds are the same, why is it taking so long and so many efforts.
    let me know besides trying to operate it by phone (that doesn't work as i tried it several times) who can i call /email.
    i have no problems sending my CD key and letting them know what is on my box to prove its legit product.
    i hope this clears it and that someone will finally help me and not lock me out.
    Doron

Friday, February 19, 2010 12:07 AM

Answers

• As I've said already:

We can't help you activate (or reactivate) your server here. Nobody here has the ability to give you a new product key which will work (your old product key doesn't work because you've already used it to activate once, which is the limit for the OEM/system builder key you have), or to give you an activation code which will reactivate your server.

The only place you can get your server reactivated is Microsoft Product Activation. I know that they've sent you here, but they're wrong to do so, because it's their job to help you with activation, or to explain to you why your product can't be reactivated. You need to call them, work through the prompts again until you get a real, live person on the phone, and then persevere. If you didn't buy your software in Israel, then you may want to call the product activation hotline for whatever country you did buy it in.

I understand that you just want your server working, but this forum can't help you at this point. It may not be the answer you want, but it's the truth.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 19, 2010 12:48 AM

All replies

• As I've said already:

We can't help you activate (or reactivate) your server here. Nobody here has the ability to give you a new product key which will work (your old product key doesn't work because you've already used it to activate once, which is the limit for the OEM/system builder key you have), or to give you an activation code which will reactivate your server.

The only place you can get your server reactivated is Microsoft Product Activation. I know that they've sent you here, but they're wrong to do so, because it's their job to help you with activation, or to explain to you why your product can't be reactivated. You need to call them, work through the prompts again until you get a real, live person on the phone, and then persevere. If you didn't buy your software in Israel, then you may want to call the product activation hotline for whatever country you did buy it in.

I understand that you just want your server working, but this forum can't help you at this point. It may not be the answer you want, but it's the truth.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 19, 2010 12:48 AM
  • Hi Doron,

I am not from Mircrosoft.  I like most of the people here are like you, users from the general public.  We are here because we like Windows Home Server and have some knowledge that we can pass to others to help them out.  Think of us as volunteers if you like in terms of we have no obligation to help or duty to either.

Ken is very right in saying we cannot help you here with activation.  We don't have access to such things, just the forum.  You have already been told that Windows Home Server is not supported in Israel.  If you bought the software in Israel then you should go see who supplied you with the software and see if they can help you.

If your supplier cannot help then unfortunately your solution is to buy another copy of Windows Home Server.

Please understand this is a public forum provided by microsoft and is a self help area. 

As Ken said maybe it is worth trying another country than Israel for help which is probably where you bought the software originally.

Good luck,
    Al
    --
    Friday, February 19, 2010 11:22 AM
  • thank you all,

i appreciate your help here, what i wanted in help here if anyone knows, is a direct phone of relevant person in ms who is responsible for whs or that can help me.
    I'm trying everything, but i keep getting back and fourth by ms (not you guys).
    I'm very desperate and very frustrated, i thought its a no brainier, and i should have it work and running in an hour, and its taking me many efforts.
    sorry for this, but if anyone knows a contact in ms i can call, or if you know anyone and can ask him to help me here, I'm willing to write my CD key and phone number,

Ken, i know you are trying to help, and I'm sorry if my tone was not right, i just need help and ms keep throwing me here.

please let me know what you think is the best and fastest route ,and again if you have any direct phone or contact it would be appreciated.

Doron,
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:52 PM
  • thank you all,

i appreciate your help here, what i wanted in help here if anyone knows, is a direct phone of relevant person in ms who is responsible for whs or that can help me.
    I'm trying everything, but i keep getting back and fourth by ms (not you guys).
    I'm very desperate and very frustrated, i thought its a no brainier, and i should have it work and running in an hour, and its taking me many efforts.
    sorry for this, but if anyone knows a contact in ms i can call, or if you know anyone and can ask him to help me here, I'm willing to write my CD key and phone number,

Ken, i know you are trying to help, and I'm sorry if my tone was not right, i just need help and ms keep throwing me here.

please let me know what you think is the best and fastest route ,and again if you have any direct phone or contact it would be appreciated.

Doron,
    Have you contacted the retailer where you purchased the license from?  What language version did you purchase?
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:05 PM
  • I purchased it abroad as, i could not buy it in israel.
    do you think the store can help me here?

Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:08 PM
  • I purchased it abroad as, i could not buy it in israel.
    do you think the store can help me here?
    It couldn't hurt to ask.  Again, what language version do you purchase?
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:17 PM
  • sorry... its English.
    i could try,

p.s

I'm again with ms, online for 30 minutes they transferred me like 4 guys already and now from technician level 1 to level 3...don't know when it will end...
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:21 PM
  • You just have to hold firm onto the point that you have bought the software therefore you have a right to use it.  Ignore the "WHS is not supported in IL", MS trade in Israel and under IL law they must provide you with support for their product irrespective of borders.
    --
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:46 PM
  • sorry... its English.
    i could try,

p.s

I'm again with ms, online for 30 minutes they transferred me like 4 guys already and now from technician level 1 to level 3...don't know when it will end...
    Since you have the English version, have you tried calling the United States activation number Ken linked you to before?
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 6:48 PM