Backup Switch RRS feed

• Question

• My Status showed poor and when I tried to backup files I couldn't. I had to change settings. OneCare no longer recognized what it recommended. I have a desktop and a laptop. They are now setup individually. Onecare will no longer accept the central backup device it recommended. I can no longer choose when the backup is to take place. What can be done? If my computers are now set up seperately shouldn't I be able to setup when each computer is to backup files? Since I am unable to choose a backup time, will backup still run? Will this have any effect on any other OneCare purposes? Will this mean any extra charges, if so, why? 

Saturday, November 1, 2008 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi bubbawise,

Thanks for using for our product and providing us feedback.

Well as I understand from your post, your computer is not a hub computer.

I hope you are aware that OneCare provides two levels of priviliges: Hub computer or non hub computer.

The former is a central computer which will enable you to take actions such as printer sharing or centralised data backup on all computers covered in your subscription.

So before using configuring centralised backup, you have to ensure that you are a hub computer.( More like the head of a family).

You can use the following steps to become a hub computer:-

1)Open One Care

2) On the left side you can find the link: Manage your  OneCare circle

3) Please use the link " Make this PC a hub PC "

After these changes are updated, you should be able to accept the central device as your recommended location.

You can reconfigure and save your revised backup plan as per your requirements.

For easy reference, here are the steps:

1) Open One Care

2) Change Settings(in the left panel)

3) Choose the backup tab

4) Click the "configure backup" in the backup settings

5) Once you do the above, you will be asked to provide the details of your new backup plan

6) Now start using OneCare backup

Hope this helps, Please to get bak in case you have more concerns

thanks
    Sundeep

Monday, November 3, 2008 11:28 AM