Please advise. RRS feed

• Question

• I posted this message originally on Feb. 21st, not sure what happened to this thread:

http://forums.microsoft.com/webmaster/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2885633&SiteID=79

We are experiencing the same issues described above and have performed all of the requested items indicated on the blog post, including making the above forum post as well as submitting via the 'sensitive' form.

We would very much appreciate some response to this issue.

Our URL is:  http://www.elitepokerchips.com/

Kind Regards.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have an update for you yet. I've handed off a list of about 35 sites to management, but they have been busy at confrences all last week. I will let you know when I have  an update.

Thanks,

Brett 

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:50 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

Your site is showing as blocked.  Be sure to review our Guidelines for successful indexing to ensure that you are not doing anything that would get your site blocked in the future.

In the webmaster tools there is a link to submit your site for reinclusion if it is blocked or if you suspect that your website was incorrectly identified as spam, please do the following:

1. Open the Live Search Site Owner support form.
    2. In the boxes provided, type your name and e-mail address.
    3. In the What type of problem do you have? list, select Other.
    4. In the box provided, describe the issue, including the following information:
      • The search words that you used to produce the search results that contain the web spam
      • The URL of the web spam
      • Whether the content of the site matched the result description

Thanks,

Brett

Friday, April 11, 2008 6:24 PM

• Hi Brett,

Thank you for your reply.  I am still seeing "No data is available." within the webmaster tools, but I followed your instructions and requested reinclusion.  This is a simple case of a competitor submitting our site as SPAM incorrectly in order to harm our business.

Can you please provide a time frame for this request to be looked at and decided on?  We have already waited nearly 2 months since originally posting about this issue.

Our support ticket number is:  1064175539

Thanks.
    Friday, April 11, 2008 7:27 PM
  •  

Hi,

It is unlikely that we would classify a site such as yours (with obvious products for sale on the site) as spam based on a report unless you were engaging in blackhat seo practices. However, thank you for submitting a reinclusion request. This will begin the manual review process. We are currently re-engineering our support processes to provide better response times, but unfortunately it's currently taking about 3 weeks on average for manual review.

Brett  

Friday, April 11, 2008 8:10 PM

• Hi Brett,

Thank you for your reply.  I attempted to leave a voice message for you to resolve this more quickly.  We have not engaged in any 'blackhat seo practices'.  As both a shareholder and customer of microsoft, I would like to be contacted to resolve this.  Can you provide me an alternative method to this forum to my email address?

Hoping to resolve any issues as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    Friday, April 11, 2008 9:32 PM

• Hi Brett,

1.  We originally the following message on Feb. 21st of this year:

http://forums.microsoft.com/webmaster/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2885633&SiteID=79

2. We are experiencing the same issues described above and have performed all of the requested items indicated on the blog post you mentioned, including making the above forum post as well as submitting via the 'sensitive' form.

3.  We submitted a request to MSN support originally on April 12th: SRX1064175539ID.  This item was last responded to by MSN on May 1st indicating "At this time your site is under review. At this time I do not have an ETR."  We have not heard anything in the last 3 weeks.

4.  I spoke with Jeremiah for about 20-30 minutes on the phone regarding our website and took all of the advised steps to lead to re-inclusion.

5.  He advised me to email you directly once we had completed the recommendations, however the email he provided bounced each time we have attempted to follow-up with you.  I have been unable to reconnect with Jeremiah since speaking with him originally to get your correct email address.

We would very much appreciate some response to this issue, as we have worked hard to both communicate and respond to the indicated items.

A copy of the email I sent follows:

"

In speaking with Jeremiah, he indicated that our site would benefit by registering with MSN, yahoo and google local directories, which we have completed.  Also, he asked me to remove an aged reference page to reciprocal links, which we also did.  Finally, we are having original content articles published in order to 'freshen' the list of sites linking to our website, as he recommended.

One item that he mentioned was that a high % of the top 100 links pointing to our site were related to poker, but as our site is a poker chips and sets store, these links are very natural and helpful to our niche.

I look forward to working with you to remove the 'blocked' status from our website, as we are not engaging in any of the activities you have listed as bad.  We are very much opposed to the techniques you listed and do not participate in them.  We are strongly ranked in both google and yahoo search engines for the terms related to our site."

Our URL is:  http://www.elitepokerchips.com/

Kind Regards.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 8:04 PM
  • billy,

please email me at my hotmail.com account (brett_yount@...) and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Brett

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:07 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Sent email just now as requested.

Thanks.
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 8:19 PM
  • Hi Brett,

Per your post made on May 21st, I sent you a very detailed email to which we have received no response/confirmation of receipt after nearly 10 days.

"please email me at my hotmail.com account (brett_yount@...) and I will look into it.

Thanks,

Brett"

Could you please respond to our email or this thread with further information/confirmation that you received our correspondence.  We have been very patient and proactive in trying to resolve this issue since February.

Regards.

Friday, May 30, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Hi,

I am sorry, but I just checked my email again and didn't see an email from you. Could you resend the original or just a short note and I will respond through my Microsoft work address.

Thanks,

Brett
    Friday, May 30, 2008 3:55 PM
  • Hi Brett,

We just resent the email from our corporate email address.  Subject line: 'resending email per your forum request'.

Please confirm receipt or I will attempt sending from another account.

Thanks.
    Friday, May 30, 2008 4:10 PM
  • Got it.

Friday, May 30, 2008 5:22 PM
  • Hi Brett,

I sent over an email regarding an update on Friday, June 6th.  Can you confirm receipt?

Thanks much.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 1:45 PM
  • Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have an update for you yet. I've handed off a list of about 35 sites to management, but they have been busy at confrences all last week. I will let you know when I have  an update.

Thanks,

Brett 

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:50 PM
  • Thank you Brett for letting me know, I appreciate it.  Will follow up if we don't hear anything in a few weeks.
    Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:20 PM