none
Does Microsoft value the feedback that floods into this forum? RRS feed

• Question

• I ask because I have made numerous posts in the .Net SQL/CLR forum this past year or so and have rarely if ever seen evidence of the MS team that work on this area.

I was told about a year ago, by a member of that team that I should post here because they often review the feedback.

So what gives? why are MS apparently absent or disintersted in the forum? there are many questions posted here that only MS can shed light on, so if this technology is strategic for MS how about devoting some effort to the customers who are pushing the enevlope and actually building stuff that relies on SQL/CLR?

Most of the assiatnce I have received has been from other users or notable independent experts, for MS to be absent from this is frankly absurd from a strategy perspective. 

Thanks

Cap'n

Saturday, July 23, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

• Sorry, providing reliable customer support is never a forum feature. So this is not a forum bug. 

forum is peer-to-peer support, unless you have a support contract (whether that is free to you or not depends on the contract terms between the resaler and you) that lists the forum you posted to as a support channel like MSDN subscribers have, Microsoft does not have to help you.

Forums are built for Microsoft customers to help each other. If you want to hear from Microsoft, use one of Microsoft's feedback channels (e.g. phone calls, twitter, blogs etc) that listed in the software warranty statement. You can also find support options for common products on support.microsoft,com if you lost the product manual. I suggest you to share your findings if you contact Microsoft directly via one of the support options, so people can learn from your experience and decide what is the best way to get help for them. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:00 PM

All replies

• Sorry, providing reliable customer support is never a forum feature. So this is not a forum bug. 

forum is peer-to-peer support, unless you have a support contract (whether that is free to you or not depends on the contract terms between the resaler and you) that lists the forum you posted to as a support channel like MSDN subscribers have, Microsoft does not have to help you.

Forums are built for Microsoft customers to help each other. If you want to hear from Microsoft, use one of Microsoft's feedback channels (e.g. phone calls, twitter, blogs etc) that listed in the software warranty statement. You can also find support options for common products on support.microsoft,com if you lost the product manual. I suggest you to share your findings if you contact Microsoft directly via one of the support options, so people can learn from your experience and decide what is the best way to get help for them. 

Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Sheng's reply is fairly accurate. Product Feedback or suggestions are best handled in other places. Here are a couple I quickly found:

Visual Studio:   http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio   SQL Server: http://connect.microsoft.com/directory/?keywords=sql%20server

Community Forums Program Manager
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:25 PM
    Answerer
  • Sheng's reply is fairly accurate. Product Feedback or suggestions are best handled in other places. Here are a couple I quickly found:

Visual Studio:   http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio   SQL Server: http://connect.microsoft.com/directory/?keywords=sql%20server

So please explain, what should I do next time someone from Micorosft says "Please feel free to post commenst in the MSDN forum, we often check this and enjoy answering questions and seeing what users are up to"?

Because that is what I was told by one of the people on the SQL/CLR team.

Thank you.

Cap'n

Sunday, July 24, 2011 6:40 PM
  • your posts compete with other posts in the same forum. People often pick unique, wide-spread, or easily reproducible issue that have high importance or costs less time to investigate. However I see your posts often attract a lot of answerers , so maybe people feel there is nothing more to add, who knows. I also see you have other questions that do not get a lot of attention even from the community, you probably want to compare them with your posts that get a lot of answers to see why. I don't think you always choose the correct forum or make your post easy to answer.

Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, July 24, 2011 7:26 PM
  • So please explain, what should I do next time someone from Micorosft says "Please feel free to post commenst in the MSDN forum, we often check this and enjoy answering questions and seeing what users are up to"?

Because that is what I was told by one of the people on the SQL/CLR team.

I would contact the Microsoft person who suggests posting feedback and comments, tell them that you have and ask them why they are not addressing your posts.

Sunday, July 24, 2011 9:25 PM
    Answerer