CRM 4.0 Workflow Question RRS feed

• Question

• Will Completing a parent workflow cancel a child work flow?

Scenario:
    Parent WF = decision on which child workflow to call
      Child WF1 performs some actions then decides which WF to call next
        Chilf WF 2 completes with Success

Will this work:
    Parent WF = decision on which child workflow to call //Complete this WF with Success of launching Child WF1
      Child WF1 performs some actions then decides which WF to call next
    //Complete this WF with Success of launching Child WF2
        Child WF 2 completes with Success
    Friday, January 9, 2009 5:12 PM

Answers

• Withers

If I understand you correctly, you have a kind of waterfall scenario where if the logic in the Parent WF is satisfied then it calls Child WF1.  If Child WF1 completes successfully then it should call Child WF2.  Is this right?  If so then it looks fine to me.  If my understanding is incorrect then please let me know.

Regards,

Douglas

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:24 PM

All replies

• Withers

If I understand you correctly, you have a kind of waterfall scenario where if the logic in the Parent WF is satisfied then it calls Child WF1.  If Child WF1 completes successfully then it should call Child WF2.  Is this right?  If so then it looks fine to me.  If my understanding is incorrect then please let me know.

Regards,

Douglas

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:24 PM
  • You are correct.  I just want to make sure i don't ahve a bunch of abandoned WF's waiting for the child WF to complete.  Or that killing a parent WF will also kill all the child WF's.
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 7:24 PM
  • Aditional question:  If child WF1 completes with a record Update of Field1 and then child WF2 completes with a record Update of Field 2 and the parient WF checks if FIeld 1 and Field 2 are changed/updated?  Can only the last field (field 2) be updated.  Can mulitple child WFs update a record...?

Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:25 PM