CRM 2011 Mail Merge RRS feed

• Question

• Since the new 2011 version we seem  not to be able to create CRM activities (ie: Letter) for registering the merged documents inside the CRM Database. What happened? Does anybody know ow to solve this?

Monday, May 9, 2011 1:00 PM

Answers

• Rollup 1 solved this one for me.

As soon as word shows the result just click print or edit the results and the dialog will appear. Keep in mind that this only seems to work in the Outlook Client. The web client does not do this.

Good luck!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:59 AM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem.  We're using Office 2010 and on two machines we can perform the merge but we can't record the results back to CRM.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 8:53 PM
  • Rollup 1 solved this one for me.

As soon as word shows the result just click print or edit the results and the dialog will appear. Keep in mind that this only seems to work in the Outlook Client. The web client does not do this.

Good luck!

Thursday, May 12, 2011 8:59 AM
  • Are you still having this issue? We are having the same issue and we have already installed UR1. We are at UR3. I have read different postings about it working in the client but not in the web version. I can't find an answer.

Thanks!
    ~T

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Why is this different for the web client?  I should see the same wizard regardless of which client I am working in?  I am working my way through these scenario's now and it's confusing to see the difference in functionality.
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:59 PM