Live Mesh vs World of Warcraft RRS feed

• General discussion

• So I have LiveMesh installed on several PC's, syncing a smallish folder (which contains my RoboForm passcards) and it all works great. Most of the time the client sits there doing nothing. It only has to sync anything when I am in a web browser and do something involving RoboForm.

I like to leave the LiveMesh client running all the time (isn't that the point, after all?). However, if fire up World of Warcraft and try to play, there are noticeable hiccups every few seconds (brief sub-second lag spikes). Alt-tabbing out of Wow back to the desktop and terminating the LiveMesh client solves the problem. Any ideas what might be going on here?

Cheers,
    bc
    Monday, November 24, 2008 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Bob,

We've received reports from other customers that Live Mesh will sometimes use an excessive amount of computer resources (CPU, memory).  We're working to improve this, but if you could collect your Live Mesh logs (Start Menu > All Programs > Live Mesh > Collect Live Mesh Logs, which will generate a .cab on your desktop) and send them to lmprev@microsoft.com, we can look into exactly what Live Mesh was doing (please include your forum handle, and the title of this forum thread in the body of the email, so that we can track the issue).

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 24, 2008 10:24 PM
  • Done, thank you.

Cheers,
    bc
    Tuesday, November 25, 2008 12:21 AM