Become MCTS / MCITP RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is shortest way (minimum passed exams) to become MCTS and later MCITP?

I found that MCTS requires 70-624, and MCITP requires 70-640 + 70-642. Is it OK or do you suggest for another exams?

Thnx.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:46 PM

Answers

• System Administration on Windows Server 2003? 2008? Configuring, customizing and supporting what exactly?

For Vista certifications, you can review the preparation guides of exams 70-620. The exam you mentioned, 70-624, is a little hard core. But it doesn't hurt to take a peek at the skills measured and see if you have the proficiency for it.

If your knowledge and experience deals with supporting and troubleshooting Windows Vista and applications, then you might want to check out MCITP: Enterprise Support.

When you start clicking around in the Microsoft Learning site and reviewing the different certifications, things become a bit clearer. However, if you find yourself lost again, just let us know.

But do let me know what Server version and other related tasked you have skills in.
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician, Consumer Support Technician
    MCTS: Windows Vista - Configuration,
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+, Network+

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Start. Research. Plan. Perform. Finish. Test. Evaluate.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:30 AM
  •  This is correct. Passing both exams will earn you the MCTS: Vista, Configuration and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technican.

See MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:13 AM

All replies

• What certification are you hoping to achieve - your end result, that is?

All the exams you listed, when passed, earn you the MCTS in that technology.

An MCITP is a base certification. Meaning it has "job duties" associated with it, i.e. MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Support, MCITP: Consumer Support, etc.

The MCITP certifications are based on specific exam (normally MCTS exams) that when grouped together, form a specific MCITP. There is no generic MCITP certification.

So again, what certification are you interested in achieving AND in what technology or job role?

Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:37 AM
  • Main job role is system administration, configuring, customization and support, like ex. MCSA/MCSE. 
    Products Windows OS (Vista) and Server.

Regards.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 12:44 AM
  • System Administration on Windows Server 2003? 2008? Configuring, customizing and supporting what exactly?

For Vista certifications, you can review the preparation guides of exams 70-620. The exam you mentioned, 70-624, is a little hard core. But it doesn't hurt to take a peek at the skills measured and see if you have the proficiency for it.

If your knowledge and experience deals with supporting and troubleshooting Windows Vista and applications, then you might want to check out MCITP: Enterprise Support.

When you start clicking around in the Microsoft Learning site and reviewing the different certifications, things become a bit clearer. However, if you find yourself lost again, just let us know.

But do let me know what Server version and other related tasked you have skills in.
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 2:30 AM
  • With passing 70-620 I'll be a MCTS, true?

If I follow you, with 70-620 (MCTS) and 70-622 (MCITP) with only two exams I'll be a MCITP?

Thnx.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:03 AM
  •  This is correct. Passing both exams will earn you the MCTS: Vista, Configuration and MCITP: Enterprise Support Technican.

See MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician
    Michael D. Alligood,

The I.T. Classroom Blog
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:13 AM
  • Great! Many thanks.
    Wednesday, February 11, 2009 7:26 AM
  • I want to get certified as a Desktop Application Developer. Which certifications I have to do? thanks

Wasim

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:22 AM