Temporary Storage Area RRS feed

• Question

• Under Tools-Options-Temporary File Location, the program is using space on my C drive which is a limited size SSD drive. I would prefer to use an area on one of my other internal hard drives which have much more storage capacity available. Is there any way to change this option?
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:10 AM

Answers

•     > ... any way to change this ...

You should select the location and click the "Change..." button? 

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:18 PM

All replies

• Under Tools-Options-Temporary File Location, the program is using space on my C drive which is a limited size SSD drive. I would prefer to use an area on one of my other internal hard drives which have much more storage capacity available. Is there any way to change this option?

This question refers to the Microsoft ICE program.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:12 AM
  •     > ... any way to change this ...

You should select the location and click the "Change..." button? 

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:18 PM

Try to modify  ICE.exe.config in ICE folder or look at Tools --+ Options --+ Temporary file location and change it.

• Edited by qshn Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:12 AM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:06 AM
  • I wouldn't edit the config file manually.  It's much safer to use the ICE user interface as I mentioned above.  
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:29 PM