Office 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I had a hard drive crash and have been attempting to reload my office.  I place it in the DVD drive and it doesn't find anything on the disk, if I click on opening the disk there is nothing there.  I have two different disks , both authentic MS products with the same result.  Every other disk I put in works without problems.  Any ideas?  It is an OEM but I have loaded this on this machine before.
    Monday, August 16, 2010 9:54 PM

Answers

• Hello aeropa,

It's either a bad drive or bad discs.

Note that a DVD drive has two lasers inside, one for CDs and one for DVDs, and it is possible for one of the two lasers to go bad but the other one continue to work just fine.  Have you established that the DVD drive can read both CDs and DVDs?

If bad discs, sometimes you can "revive" a bad disc by copying it with a major name brand utility such as Nero or Roxio/Sonic, and then using the copy.  The copy process's error correction capability can compensate for areas of the disc that are marginally readable.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 4:48 AM