none
Forums and TechNet WiKi are slow

Question

• Last couple of days I observe quite slow behavior of MSDN forums and TechNet WiKi.

I am wondering if this is a local problem or someone else also noticed it.

In WiKi practically every second edit results in error for me.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:04 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes, yesterday i got 'runtime error' multiple times and also the profile names are missing.

The problem seems to be across globe.

Thanks
    Sarat

Please use Marked as Answer if my post solved your problem and use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful.

Friday, June 7, 2013 2:29 AM
  • I did notice that just now when I replied to a thread. It took 40 seconds for the reply to be posted on a thread.

Also, merging threads do not work for first time, I had to try twice or thrice to to merge a thread.

Edit: I could post reply on this thread without issues... Slowness occurs on random threads. 

Regards,Santosh

I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here, are my own.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Blog | Wiki 

Friday, June 7, 2013 6:54 AM
  • BTW, I re-started computer to see if that problem was somehow related to running by laptop long time without re-booting. The performance of forums is a bit better today, but TechNet articles are still quite slow.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, June 7, 2013 3:49 PM
  • This is a server issue. It's a Known Issue.

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Monday, June 10, 2013 7:14 PM
    Owner