Pop ups RRS feed

• General discussion

• All of a sudden I am getting a message saying that I have trojan viruses and worms on my computer and that I need to download the program "Personal Antivirus".  I have ran both Windows Defender and Trend Micro Antivus and both programs say my computer is ok.  I can't delete the "personal antivirus" from my C drive - it is blocked.  Please let me know what to do next.  I have restarted my computer twice and checked for updates for both programs but have all the updates already.  Thank you!
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:14 AM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:16 AM Unable to move thread
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:31 AM Off Topic. (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 11:17 PM

All replies

• You can get help with malware removal here - https://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 12:33 AM
  • I used to type the word opal station wagon on the internet and the internet said I had worms,Ipurchased the personal anti ,a short period of time later I phoned the place back to get my money back because of the folders that came with it, I got my money back and the trojan virus disappeared,when that happened my backup started to label wrong .My computer previously backed up 20 files  and then stated backup perfect ,after the very short period of personal anti stuff The label on live one says that I need 20 files backed up,Ithink something difficult is attached.
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:29 AM
  • I used to type the word opal station wagon on the internet and the internet said I had worms,Ipurchased the personal anti ,a short period of time later I phoned the place back to get my money back because of the folders that came with it, I got my money back and the trojan virus disappeared,when that happened my backup started to label wrong .My computer previously backed up 20 files  and then stated backup perfect ,after the very short period of personal anti stuff The label on live one says that I need 20 files backed up,Ithink something difficult is attached.

If your PC is still infected and/or backup in OneCare is failing, please contact support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, November 11, 2009 3:16 PM