Outlook older versions RRS feed

• General discussion

• I need to be able to sync up my older Samsung pocket PC calendar with my PC.  When my pocket PC crashed a few months ago, I lost all my contacts and my calendar appointments.  Its a 2002 phone and runs windows 3.0.12199.  I'm thinking it's compatibility will be better with the Outlook 02 or 03.  However, my PC runs Windows Vista.  Does outlook 02 or 03 run on Vista?

Steve
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:33 PM

All replies

• You're off topic for this forum, which is dedicated to Windows Live OneCare. You may want to try the Microsoft Public newsgroups here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx

Yes, Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 will run on Vista. ActiveSync will not. For Vista, you will need to download and install the Windows Mobile Device Center - http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/devicecenter.mspx

-steve

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:27 PM
  • Thanks!  That is helpful.  I do have the mobile center for Vista and it syncs up Documents files.  Would you agree that the older phone and operating system will work better with Outlook 03 as opposed to say Outlook 07.  And, by the way, is there anyway to get the phone calendar to sync up with Vista's calendar and contacts program?  So far all I've read says "no", but wasn't sure if there have beena any changes as of late.  Thanks!

Steve
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:11 PM
  • I don't think it makes a difference on using Outlook 2003 or 2007, but I much prefer 2007. I only have experience with WMDC and Outlook 2007 with a WM6 device, so I'm not the best source for information on what's best, though. I do believe that there is no way to sync with the Vista Calendar and Contacts though - you'd need to use Outlook or a 3rd party sync program. There are Windows Mobile newsgroups where your questions may be better asked.

-steve

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:38 AM