Security Essentials RRS feed

• Question

• Everyday I get new updates to Security Essentials. The last few days, when I've checked update history I see the exact same update several times. Can you tell me what if anything I can do, and I would also like to know if I need to keep the old updates or are the new updates adding to the old updates. I have so many updates that I don't want to use most of the space on my hard drive for security. I mean I have real time protection with MS and I feel like if I have real time protection I shouldn't need all of these updates.

I'm PC illiterate so I don't know much about how these things work, I would appreciate any assistance, Thanx in advance.

Monday, November 22, 2010 1:58 PM

Answers

• Dear SheRidzHDz2,    

Welcome to FixItCenter forum! I'm glad to see your active participation and discussion in our forum.But I'm very sorry you have a wrong place posted. Your issue appears to be a related Security Essentials and not Fix it Center(Mr.Fix it) related. Please post your issue to a correct forum. Thanks for your understanding.      

If you still have any doubt and concern about this, please let me know.

Please Mark as Answered If this is helpful Or Un-Mark as Answered if it is not helpful.

Best Regards,
    Yan Jun
    Microsoft Online Community Support

• Edited by Fafafaalex Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:06 AM mismatch thread title
    • Marked as answer by Fafafaalex Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:06 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 9:04 AM