Retail OneCare CD Less than Online Download/ Renew with Another Retail CD or Pay higher Download Price? RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was receintly at a local retail store and the OneCare CD is available for a lower price than the advertised price for the download... If I were to buy the retail CD... next year when my license expires... would I have to renew at the higher download price or could I save the $10 and buy another CD...?
    Sunday, January 13, 2008 3:27 AM

Answers

• You can buy another CD and use the included PIN to renew your subscription.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:13 AM
  • You wouldn't need to reinstall. When renewing follow the prompts and when you reach the select payment method screen select pre paid PIN.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:13 PM

All replies

• You can buy another CD and use the included PIN to renew your subscription.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 6:13 AM
  • So I wouldn't need to "reinstall" the product... Just use the new "key" to activate the "renewal...?" Paying the retail price would suffice for the new subscription?

Sunday, January 13, 2008 12:06 PM
  • You wouldn't need to reinstall. When renewing follow the prompts and when you reach the select payment method screen select pre paid PIN.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 2:13 PM
  • Great, "Thank You"  for getting right back to me with a responce to my questions... I will give OneCare a try... I have always wished that Microsoft would come out with its own security product. It also sounds like a better set-up than using "Symantic/Norton" which always drains processing speed... and has been problemattic every time I have used it...

Sunday, January 13, 2008 8:35 PM