none
English language and web-page support for Denmark RRS feed

• Question

• I am a developer living in Denmark, and this is a problem I have with almost every web page I visit.
    They force the presentation language to be danish. I don't want that, I'm more comfortable with reading stuff in English, and have no problems with ordering, answering posts on forums and chatting with supporters in English.

Many of my friends also experience the same problem, they want stuff to be in English even if they live in a country with a different main language.
    I noticed in my windows account profile page, that several countries has a "country/English" option, but Denmark has only "Danmark/Danish".

Is there any way I can customize my Microsoft account to display everything in English, and still have Denmark as the country setting?
    I tried setting country to US, but then the content and especially options when ordering changes, but what I want is just the web pages to be in English, not the regional and account stuff.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:42 PM

Answers

• These settings are not stored in your microsoft account. If you're using IE then Tools|Internet Options|General|Appearance|Languages then add and set the order as needed.

Also you can change language setting here on TechNet. (upper right corner)

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 3:50 PM

All replies