none
Running SOA on cluster without manually inputting user name and password

Question

• I have an SOA application that runs on HPC.  I am currently using the IaaS script to launch the cluster in Azure.  I have set the SessionStartInfo to include the user name and password, but I find that the script doesn't run unless said user name/password combo has been input manually in the HPC session manager.  After that, the client application and SOA dll run without a hitch.  Is there some other way to initialize this such that the script runs immediately without this step?
    Thursday, July 30, 2015 8:58 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi KWilliams1,

If running the on-premise SOA client on a HPC Pack IaaS cluster, you don't have to specify the user name and password in the SessionStartInfo, then there will be a prompt to ask for credential, just Save the credential for the first time, and then all the following runs on this client machine would automatically retrieve the credential saved in the Windows Credential Vault.

For how to run SOA application on HPC Pack IaaS clusters, please also refer here.

BR,

Yutong

Friday, July 31, 2015 2:37 AM
  • I understand that once entered in manually, the credentials persist.  However, I am investigating the ability to do everything without manual intervention.  I would like to use the script to create the cluster and install the SOA app, run the SOA app with determined input, extract the resultant data and set the SOA removal script.  I would like it to be completely automated.
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 3:24 PM
  • This is a valid requirement. We would address this in the Update 2 QFEs coming in the following weeks this month. Then you may use the following powershell cmdlets to add/remove the SOA credentials for the Azure IaaS clusters,

PS C:\> Set-HpcSoaCredential -Credential hpc\azureuser -Azure -Scheduler hpcexcelcluster.cloudapp.net

PS C:\> Remove-HpcSoaCredential -UserName hpc\azureuser -Azure -Scheduler hpcexcelcluster.cloudapp.net

Any further questions or requirements, let us know.

BR,

Yutong

Friday, August 7, 2015 3:42 AM
  • The Update 2 QFE KB3085833 which contains this fix is now available @ here.

BR,

Yutong Sun

• Marked as answer by KWilliams1 Friday, October 2, 2015 6:44 PM
    Friday, September 18, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Thanks.  That works perfectly.
    Friday, October 2, 2015 6:44 PM