reached max number of times for product key - Office 2007 Enterprise

Question

• Hi all,

I upgraded my Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise (chose to upgrade rather than separte install) on my laptop and when I came to run Word and activate the key I received a message "Your copy of Microsoft Enterprise 2007 cannot be activated because the specified Product Key has already been activated the maximium number of times...."

I am happy to remove Office 2007 Enterprise via Add/Remove programs but I do not want to remove my Office 2003 that I had on there orginally.  I don't want to loose all my email contacts etc.? Will it revert back to my 2003 version?

Can anyone advise if they have undertaken this task before.  Any suggestions?

kind regards
    James
    Saturday, April 04, 2009 2:39 AM

Answers

• Well, removing Office 2007 removes office 2003 as well in this case.  A note to microsoft programmers: it would be easier for users if the key check was made before the upgrade commenced, thus allowing the user to back out of the option.

cheers all.
    • Marked as answer by Talljames Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:27 PM
    Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:27 PM

All replies

• Well, removing Office 2007 removes office 2003 as well in this case.  A note to microsoft programmers: it would be easier for users if the key check was made before the upgrade commenced, thus allowing the user to back out of the option.

cheers all.
    • Marked as answer by Talljames Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:27 PM
    Sunday, April 05, 2009 11:27 PM
  • Hey James,

Well regardless if you removed Office from your PC, your .PST file will still remain with all of your emails and contacts intact.  Once you reload Office 2003 or whatever, it will automatically reload your .PST file in Outlook when you start it.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 9:06 AM