Importing ConnectorForMicrosoftDynamicsGP managed solution fails with "found dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component" error message RRS feed

• Question

• We are in the process of upgrading our CRM 4.0 database to CRM 2011.  We created a new server to test the CRM 2011 install and used the import and upgrade feature to get our data into the new CRM 2011.  We were using the Connector for Microsoft Dynamics GP Feature Pack 6 with our CRM 4.0.  I am trying to get the connector installed for use with CRM 2011.  According to the installation instructions for the connector, I see that I have to Import the ERP solution customizations for CRM 2011. 

The import screens don't match what the installation instructions say.  For instance, I do not ever get the customization option of selecting between "Maintain customizations" and "Overwrite customizations". When I do attempt to import the managed solution it gives me the following error message:

Found 6 dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component. First record (dependentcomponentobjectid = 922ce53c-bdd5-e111-9a09-000c29ff82ff, type = AttributeMap, requiredcomponentobjectid = 58d526aa-4870-4d23-bf9b-bb25d7f86f6b, type= EntityMap, solution = 764aa291-b544-4257-a3ab-f0223972c6df).

When I search for the dependentcomponentobjectid in the AttributeMap table, it returns no attribute maps.  When I search for the requiredcomponentobjectid in the EntityMap table, I can see that it is unhappy with the dynamics_erpsystemuser EntityMap.  I tried turning on logging, but when I scanned the logs I didn't find anything more helpful than the error message above.

I'm totally stuck and I don't know where to look next.

Can I just completely remove the dynamics_erpsystemuser entity?  Will importing the managed solution re-create that entity?

If someone could point me in a direction, any direction, that would be most helpful.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:26 PM

Answers

• I'm updating this thread in case anyone else is having this issue.  I created a ticket with Microsoft for this problem.  The solution was to not use the Connector FP6, but instead to use Version 2 of the Connector with RU1.

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The following blog will help you for installation and configuring the dynamics connector feature pack 6.

http://inventcrm.wordpress.com/category/integration/

Thanks & Regards, MS CRM Consultant, V.Surya.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:49 AM
    Answerer
  • Sorry, but this isn't very helpful.

I need information on how to determine what the 6 dependecies are that the Import Solution is finding:

Found 6 dependency records where unmanaged component is the parent of a managed component. First record (dependentcomponentobjectid = 922ce53c-bdd5-e111-9a09-000c29ff82ff, type = AttributeMap, requiredcomponentobjectid = 58d526aa-4870-4d23-bf9b-bb25d7f86f6b, type= EntityMap, solution = 764aa291-b544-4257-a3ab-f0223972c6df).

I need to know how to remove the dependencies or even identify what the dependencies are so I can get the ConnectorForMicrosoftDynamicsGP solution imported to then start configuring the connector.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:36 PM
  • I'm updating this thread in case anyone else is having this issue.  I created a ticket with Microsoft for this problem.  The solution was to not use the Connector FP6, but instead to use Version 2 of the Connector with RU1.

Friday, July 27, 2012 5:45 PM