4.0 Offline Synch RRS feed

• Question

• I need some help or tips on troubleshooting offline synch:
    We currently are facing an issue where offline synch is failing on e-mail attachments
    I have applied all the rollups and hotfixes that have been recommended to no avail.

What tables does synch use?
    How do I change the e-mail attachment size client server 4.0?

How do I figure out which attachment is failing?!!!

Withers

It was working fine in 3.0
    Monday, December 1, 2008 5:53 PM

Answers

• Local Data is the list of queries that the CRM client uses to determine what goes offline.  You can find them under the CRM menu in the Outlook Client.  Select CRM from the top menu and Modify Local Data Groups.  You will find the list there.

Best of Luck

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12 PM

All replies

• Check out this post and see if it helps.  Check your file size limit and also check the offline data queries to ensure there are no file size restrictions.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3624567&SiteID=27

Offline sync uses the tables associated with your Local Data queries which can be found under Local Data Options.  If you are trying to track down the issue, disable all the Local Data Groups and enable them one at time until you hit the error.  This should at least help you identify the query that is causing the issue and then you can troubleshoot it.  Since attachments are associated with sales literature, notes and activities, those queries might be a good place to start disabling.

Monday, December 1, 2008 7:14 PM
  • I have already set the server side attachment limit in web.config.  the dword value in the registry does not exist.
    I'll try and figure out what you mean by local data queries.
    Thanks
    Monday, December 1, 2008 7:55 PM
  • Local Data is the list of queries that the CRM client uses to determine what goes offline.  You can find them under the CRM menu in the Outlook Client.  Select CRM from the top menu and Modify Local Data Groups.  You will find the list there.

Best of Luck

Monday, December 1, 2008 8:12 PM
  •  Donna Edwards wrote:

Check out this post and see if it helps.  Check your file size limit and also check the offline data queries to ensure there are no file size restrictions.

http://forums.microsoft.com/Dynamics/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3624567&SiteID=27

Offline sync uses the tables associated with your Local Data queries which can be found under Local Data Options.  If you are trying to track down the issue, disable all the Local Data Groups and enable them one at time until you hit the error.  This should at least help you identify the query that is causing the issue and then you can troubleshoot it.  Since attachments are associated with sales literature, notes and activities, those queries might be a good place to start disabling.

Disable attachments and we were in business, more of a workaround but we have some corrupt attachments clogging progress.
    Monday, December 1, 2008 8:48 PM