none
i hope there is a better way of setting permissions when restoring files

Question

• i am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question,but it sounded like the right thing. running windows 8.1 pro x64 my problem is that i made a image backup of windows 8 before updating to windows 8.1. something did not go right and it would not upgrade so i ended up doing a custom install of 8.1. i figured it would be no problem since i have the image file.also my image file is on a separate external hard disc. well when i restored my music file from the image file and copied them to windows 8.1 i got the usual error that i did not have permission to open it. so i went in to the properties of the music folder took ownership  and check the box for all sub folders and files then set permission to full control  using my user name for both. i am using my microsoft account not a local user account. what i do not understand is that now i can view my music folder but i can not play any of it. the permissions i set for the folder did not apply to the files.is there a way to change the permissions on the files without doing each one at a time? i have over 1000 music files and that is very slow and tedious way to get to play my music .
    Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:31 AM