Streaming Music from WHS RRS feed

• Question

• A nice functionality could be Streaming Music from WHS. This functionality makes it possible to listen your personal music at work or else ware. A sort of Media Connect over Internet.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007 9:42 AM

All replies

• You can already stream music from WHS to machines on the same network through the media player 11 functionality, which also lets you use WHS for a media sharing hub for things such as the xbox360 and other windows media extenders.
    Sharing music outside a lan can be accomplished through using a VPN or other third party streaming software, however if one uses 3rd party music streaming software you are for all intents considered a internet radio station which has fees and the like. In addition when streaming music outside your lan you need to consider how much bandwidth you will be using. Many isp's have bandwidth caps and with my daily listening habits, I would eat through that in the first half of a month.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 12:09 AM
  • I’m using a Denon 4306 receiver at home to play music from WHS or Windows Media player 11 and it works perfect.
    Just for private use, I like to listen to my personal stored music.
    After logon to the site a kind of web based media player would by nice.
    Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:37 AM
  • Check out feedback item 261172
    Friday, May 11, 2007 4:33 AM