MS CRM 2011 ONLINE - Opportunity with multiple accounts to project with same accounts RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom opportunity entity. The opportunity is linked to a project client entity with 1:N.

When the opportunity is closed as won, the workflow generates a new project. The project should inherit the same clients which has been added to the opportunity via client entity. The project has also a 1:N relation to project client.

Basically I need to update the project client’s project field when the opportunity is closed, but how?

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:06 AM

Answers

• Given that you say you are using a custom opportunity entity, you would need to elaborate further on how the opportunity is closed.

You can then create a plugin that would trap the event that closes the opportunity and create the project and also copy over the project clients from the Project.

If the Project entity has a lookup to the Opportunity from which it has been created, you can also create a plugin on the create event of the project entity and copy the project clients from there.

It would be the post stage in both cases. The project record needs to be created before you can associate clients with it.

HTH

Sam

Dynamics CRM MVP | Inogic | http://inogic.blogspot.com| news at inogic dot com

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Monday, August 12, 2013 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Monday, August 12, 2013 7:49 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:23 AM

All replies

• Given that you say you are using a custom opportunity entity, you would need to elaborate further on how the opportunity is closed.

You can then create a plugin that would trap the event that closes the opportunity and create the project and also copy over the project clients from the Project.

If the Project entity has a lookup to the Opportunity from which it has been created, you can also create a plugin on the create event of the project entity and copy the project clients from there.

It would be the post stage in both cases. The project record needs to be created before you can associate clients with it.

HTH

Sam

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Proposed as answer by Sam - Inogic Monday, August 12, 2013 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by crm-user-crm Monday, August 12, 2013 7:49 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:23 AM
  • At the moment I am using just normal opportunity, but because there is a system requirement for it's potential customer field, I think I am gonna create a new custom opportunity form to avoid that field.

Monday, August 12, 2013 6:34 AM

HTH

Sam

Yes, we definately have to go to the plugin. Thanks.
    Monday, August 12, 2013 7:49 AM