When would I see my site indexed? RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a site and configured in webmaster tool. it authenticated  also. But it has not crawled yet to include new pages. There is no way to know whether it will do it or notand when. Is there anyway I can know, if I need to anything else to get my site indexed.
    Monday, April 21, 2008 9:52 PM

Answers

•  

Hi Ravi,

There really is no way to determine when MSNBot will recrawl your site. If you have not created a sitemap, creating one will help the crawler index your site when it does return or change the last updated date if you do have a sitemap.

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:09 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Ravi,

There really is no way to determine when MSNBot will recrawl your site. If you have not created a sitemap, creating one will help the crawler index your site when it does return or change the last updated date if you do have a sitemap.

Thanks,

Brett

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:09 PM
  •  

Hi Brett,

I can't figure out why Live isn't crawling my site, greenterrafirma.com ? A couple months ago, it crawled the site for the first time and indexed just 2 pages. This has never changed. I have a sitemap and have sent the info to your bot. I use SoftPlus GSitecrawler program to generate the sitmap.xml file and I check the file manually as well. The sitemap is updated about twice per week as the site is quite active. Google and Yahoo have about 30 of the 56 pages listed in the sitemap file indexed. The robot.txt file only excludes of directories, it does not ban any bots. Can you look to see if my site has been rejected or is caught in a loop or something. I've run out of thinks to try at my end.

Thanks,

Bruce Knight

greenterrafirma.com

Thursday, April 24, 2008 5:53 PM
  • Search engines categorize websites according to the value it creates to the end users. All search engines have a different criteria and a different algorithm that they use to decide a sites usefulness. I think you should do some research on SEO to see what you could do to improve your site. Your site is relatively new and also has a PR of 0. It needs optimization and then you may see the search engine bots visiting your site more often.

Friday, April 25, 2008 10:43 PM
  • I hear what you are saying Brett. Basically the microsoft bot isn't going to crawl my site till I'm a big popular site. Google on the other hand, crawls the site daily for updates and Yahoo almost as often. I was being conservative when I mentioned the pages that they have indexed. Yahoo for example has indexed every single page of my site. I'm getting lots of traffic from the big 2, so guess I'll be happy with that. Yes my site has a PR of 0, it's just 2 months old, and my link count is not very high as I'm very careful with the sites to which I link... and I could pad a few more keywords on each page, though I really concentrate on the value of the information not the keyword count. Guess I should be happy that the number 1 & 2 search engines don't use the same criteria as the number 3 engine.

Best regards, Bruce.

Saturday, April 26, 2008 12:27 AM