What is the difference between Project Shedule task and Project site Task in project server 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

What is the difference between Project Shedule task and Project site Task in project  server 2010 ?

Sunday, April 20, 2014 10:49 AM

Answers

• Hello,

The project schedule task is part of the enterprise project. The project site task list is a SharePoint list on the associated project site that allows you to create tasks. These are not linked to the project schedule in Project Server 2010.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

• Marked as answer by PWMatherMVP Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:17 AM
    Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Rohan --

In addition to the excellent response from my colleague, Paul, a good way to think of the Task list in the Project Site is a list of Action Items.  In fact, as a best practice for using Project Server 2010, I recommend you change the name of the Task list to the Action Items list so that it confuses your users less.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, April 20, 2014 4:17 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The project schedule task is part of the enterprise project. The project site task list is a SharePoint list on the associated project site that allows you to create tasks. These are not linked to the project schedule in Project Server 2010.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Sunday, April 20, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Rohan --

In addition to the excellent response from my colleague, Paul, a good way to think of the Task list in the Project Site is a list of Action Items.  In fact, as a best practice for using Project Server 2010, I recommend you change the name of the Task list to the Action Items list so that it confuses your users less.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Sunday, April 20, 2014 4:17 PM