locked
Getting Live Search to work with Bluetooth GPS on Windows Mobile 5 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

     

    Over the last few days I've been reading way too many posts about this, but I am one of the many that are struggling with trying to get my BlueTooth GPS working with Live Search.  Here are some specifics:

     

    Hardware:

    - Moto Q Black phone on Verizon

    - Globalsat BT-359 Bluetooth GPS

     

    Software:

    - Windows Mobile OS: 5.1.195 (build 14960.2.4.0)

    - RIL Version: 2.000

    - Bluetooth: 1.7.5 Build 0800

    - Live Search: 2.5.2908.31943

     

    I was able to pair the GPS to the phone by doing the following:

    - Access BlueTooth Manager

    - Select Settings

    - Menu - Paired Devices

    - Menu - Add

    - Select GPS when found

    - Enter passkey of '0000'

    - Done

     

    I did the following to confirm com settings:

    - Bluetooth Manager

    - Settings

    - Menu - Serial Ports

    The Outbound com port is COM1 and Inbound com port is BTC5.  Note: Default device for outbound connections is showing "<None>".  No information can be changed on this page.  Only options are "Cancel" or "Done".

     

    I accessed Live Search and set the com port to GPS COM1 under settings.  I then tried "Choose a new location" and picked "Current GPS Position".  After seeing the message "Waiting for GPS" for a while I then get the error message "Sorry we could not get your GPS position.  Please make sure you have a clear view of the sky".  The GPS device indicates (via a flashing light) that GPS position is fixed.  Unfortunately the light on the GPS for Bluetooth is flashing slow indicating "not connected to any bluetooth device" (even though it paired fine).

     

    I've tried a number of various setting changes like the following:

     

    - Change GPS setting in Live Search from COM1 to Intermediate Driver

    - Set "Connections Authorized" check box under the GPS device in Bluetooth manager

    - Set check box for "Allow other Bluetooth devices to see this phone"

    - Tried COM ports other than COM1 within Live Search

    - Reinstalled Live Search

     

    None of these changes helped.

     

    As an FYI I also have a BlueTooth headset paired to the phone and it works fine.  I've also deleted it and re-paired it without issue.

     

    It seems like one of the issues is that there is no default device specified for outbound connections and I am not prompted to value this and the page showing this does not let me modify the setting.

     

    Any suggestions regarding next steps would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Chris

    Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:05 PM

All replies

  • Did you get any help with this?  I having the same problem.  I want to change my default device on my Q9 but there is no option to do that.

     

    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 4:13 PM
  • I never did get any additional helpful information on this issue.  I ended up buying a TomTom GPS and avoided the whole %^#%&^ issue.

     

    Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:41 PM
  • Yeah!!!!!  I ended up doing a mater clear/reset on my Q9 to get the problem fixed.  It is working fine now.  I will never SYNC using BT again ... I will use the USB cable ... it is safer!

    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 3:01 AM
  • I've run into the same problems with my bt gps and moto q and here's what I found out...

    http://blogs.msdn.com/windowsmobile/archive/2006/06/07/620387.aspx

     

    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 5:41 PM