Cannot install Hyperlapse Pro Preview RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP SpectreXT with Windows 8.1 and am trying to install the software but get the following message,

"There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.  A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run.  Contact your support personnel or package vendor."

Is there something that can be done to recover the missing DLL?

Thanks

Friday, May 15, 2015 4:30 PM

Answers

• Dude, I found the solution

• Hyperlapse Pro's installer might report that the Visual C++ 2013 runtime libraries are not installed even though they are installed.
      If this problem occurs, try installing Hyperlapse Pro using an elevated command prompt.  Start cmd.exe using "Run as Administrator" and execute the command "msiexec.exe /i path-to-hyperlapse-msi" to install Hyperlapse Pro as Administrator.

• Marked as answer by LufiG Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:21 PM
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 2:02 PM

• Hyperlapse Pro's installer might report that the Visual C++ 2013 runtime libraries are not installed even though they are installed.
      If this problem occurs, try installing Hyperlapse Pro using an elevated command prompt.  Start cmd.exe using "Run as Administrator" and execute the command "msiexec.exe /i path-to-hyperlapse-msi" to install Hyperlapse Pro as Administrator.

All replies

• I am having the same issue. Is there a list of system dlls needed of this program which we can access?

I am on windows 8.1 

Friday, May 15, 2015 9:50 PM
  • Same issue here, has this been resolved?
    Thursday, August 6, 2015 1:54 PM

• Thanks...Worked like a charm, even with Windows 10.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 4:22 PM
  • This doesn't work for me at all. I get "This installation package cannot be opened. Verify that the package exists, and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid windows installer package."
    Friday, September 18, 2015 1:11 PM