Windows Installer RRS feed

• Question

• My lap top tries to install Photo Gallery , then error messages to say "insert Disc"–at first on every start up -and now about ever 2 minutes after I have cancelled it! I don't have a disc for Photo Gallery,and have never knowingly downloaded it. Any suggestions – its driving me mad!
    Friday, May 4, 2007 12:19 PM

All replies

• My desk top comes up to install Photo Gallery and or  Fax, then a error message insert disk or error 1706 every time I start up and after I cancelled it. PLEASE HELP What Can I do to stop it? How do I fix It?
    Tuesday, May 22, 2007 7:17 PM
  • My desk top comes up to install Photo Gallery and or  Fax, then a error message insert disk or error 1706 every time I start up and after I cancelled it. PLEASE HELP What Can I do to stop it? How do I fix It?
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 3:01 PM
  • Hi - did you get a solution? i am having the same issue
    Saturday, June 16, 2007 8:46 AM
  • No, in the end I went back through restore point dates until I had restored to a date before it starting happening! Make sure you back up anything that might be lost if you try this I'm no expert!

It might be safer to find better advice! Good luck

Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:32 AM
  •  

Bizzare but I had a similar problems and it was only cured after installing a pay as you surf program which had a built in diagnostics feature and that was after months of trying!   Let me know if this works for anyone else!

www.agloco.com/r/BBGN5829

P.S. not sure if the program is a scam but the software is certainly useful!! (And free)

Friday, August 10, 2007 11:08 PM
  • just type he error 1706 in google and find the answer to ur problem

Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:22 PM
  • While I didn't go to the Google reference, I have removed many Google toolbars and desktops from computers.  When you put that stuff on there it is like making your computer gain 50 lbs.  It does nothing that you cannot do and adds a lot of possible problems.  Stay slim and young!  Avoid adding toolbars and unnecessary 'utility' programs!

Friday, November 2, 2007 9:08 PM