Problem in Windows Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• An error occoured on south-east corner of my desktop and it is written that Build 7601, The copy of windows is not genuine!!!

Please Help!! my laptop is in problem.

Friday, January 13, 2012 7:32 AM

Answers

• "qayjay" wrote in message news:9497665c-3b0e-42f4-ab06-a90cf7e4232a...

I had the same issue from updates that were recently picked up by my Win7 Ultimate system.  I just now installed them.  Immediately after installation, the "not genuine" message showed up.  Immediately after that, however, I was notified of yet another update.  After _that_ update was installed, the notification went away.  I suspect an "oops" from MS in the previous updates.

Hopefully by now you have an additional update available that will clear your issue up.

kjp

It’s more likely that you hit a ‘race condition’ which would have cleared naturally on the next reboot anyhow – so far as I know there are no problems with the latest round of updates.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:30 AM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:06 AM

All replies

• "Dhrumil Soni" wrote in message news:509911df-b963-422d-86cf-acf6123d942e...

An error occoured on south-east corner of my desktop and it is written that Build 7601, The copy of windows is not genuine!!!

Please Help!! my laptop is in problem.

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!

Friday, January 13, 2012 9:57 AM
  • I had the same issue from updates that were recently picked up by my Win7 Ultimate system.  I just now installed them.  Immediately after installation, the "not genuine" message showed up.  Immediately after that, however, I was notified of yet another update.  After _that_ update was installed, the notification went away.  I suspect an "oops" from MS in the previous updates.

Hopefully by now you have an additional update available that will clear your issue up.

kjp

Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:32 AM
  • "qayjay" wrote in message news:9497665c-3b0e-42f4-ab06-a90cf7e4232a...

I had the same issue from updates that were recently picked up by my Win7 Ultimate system.  I just now installed them.  Immediately after installation, the "not genuine" message showed up.  Immediately after that, however, I was notified of yet another update.  After _that_ update was installed, the notification went away.  I suspect an "oops" from MS in the previous updates.

kjp

It’s more likely that you hit a ‘race condition’ which would have cleared naturally on the next reboot anyhow – so far as I know there are no problems with the latest round of updates.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:30 AM
    Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:06 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.
    Darin MS
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:30 AM