Deactivating Company in CRM Dynamics RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to change an opportunity in CRM.  It is no longer an opportunity at this time but would like to keep it in the system.  The only action I can see that is relevant is "Deactivate Company".  If I deactivate the company, where does it go?  How can I find it again and hopefully change it back to an opportunity later down the road?

Thanks for your help!
    Jessie
    • Moved by Xiaopeng Wu Tuesday, March 8, 2011 11:07 PM Forum consolidation (From:CRM Online)
    Monday, September 21, 2009 8:05 PM

Answers

• It could be a permissions problem, then.  As an org administrator, here's what I see:

(image wasn't working - follow this link)

I'm not sure what the exact permissions needed to close an opportunity are - probably roles like Sales Representative or Sales Manager will do, though.

--Matt
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Jessie.  On the opportunity form, you should see an Actions button.  From there, choose "Close Opportunity" and select an appropriate reason.

When/if you want to bring the opportunity back, you can find it under the "Closed Opportunities" view.  When you open the form and go to the Actions button, you'll see an option to "Re-open Opportunity".  From there you can bring it back to life.

Hope that helps!
    --Matt
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:02 AM
  • Hi Matt,

You mean when I open the Opportunity and go to the Action button?  I don't have "Close Opportunity"..... Just adding files, deleting & Deactivating the opp and changing the owner.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 12:43 PM
  • It could be a permissions problem, then.  As an org administrator, here's what I see:

(image wasn't working - follow this link)

I'm not sure what the exact permissions needed to close an opportunity are - probably roles like Sales Representative or Sales Manager will do, though.

--Matt
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:36 PM
    Tuesday, September 22, 2009 3:27 PM