Get Last synched time RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am using N-Tier architecture for Synchronization Services for ADO.NET in my windows mobile application for SQL CE 3.5 SP1. I would like to know if there is a way to check the last time user synchronized. I used to query a system table when I was using Merge Replication earlier. However now I am using timestamp data type for update and create tracking columns.

Any help on this one is appreciated

Thanks

Apurv
    • Moved by Hengzhe Li Friday, April 22, 2011 8:02 AM (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:50 PM

All replies

• Any ideas on this one please!
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:22 PM
  • CE stores the sent/received anchors for each synchronizing table in ‘__sysSyncArticles’ table. You can query that to see the last synchronized anchors.

Friday, October 17, 2008 4:17 AM
  • Thank you so much! Is it possible to cast the anchor value to date time?

Thanks
    Friday, October 17, 2008 5:12 PM
  • Its a ulong so if the original anchor returned from server was DateTime.Ticks then you should be able to create a DateTime out of it

Friday, October 17, 2008 6:05 PM
  • Thanks. How do I know if the original anchor is DateTime.ticks? I am using following statement to set the anchor:

anchorCmd.CommandText = "Select @" + SyncSession.SyncNewReceivedAnchor + " = min_active_rowversion() - 1";

Thanks

Apurv

Friday, October 17, 2008 6:14 PM
  • its a timestamp column and you cannot convert it to datetime. You can convert it to ulong though and that will give you the tickcount on the server.

Friday, October 17, 2008 9:39 PM