Sales Pipeline Report: rsProcessingAborted, Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename' RRS feed

• Question

• We're a new CRM Dynamics 2011 shop, running the product locally. When trying to view the Sales Pipeline report, the user gets a rather sparse error message, rsProcessingAborted. Specifically, we click on the report name to bring up the filtering screen. We clear both of the filters. We then briefly see the "Report is being prepared" status message, followed by "The report cannot be displayed. (rsProcessingAborted)" Event Viewer shows the Windows Application Log has a message, "Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename'" from MSCRMReportingDataConnector.

Windows Server 2008 R2
    SQL Server 2008 R2
    Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio                    10.50.2550.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools                        10.50.2500.0
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC)                 6.1.7601.17514
    Microsoft MSXML                          3.0 6.0 
    Microsoft Internet Explorer                          9.10.9200.16660
    Microsoft .NET Framework                                          2.0.50727.5472
    Operating System                          6.1.7601

Dynamics CRM (5.0.9690.3557) (DB 5.0.9690.3557), running on same box as SQL Server.
    Update Rollup 14
    E-mail router not installed
    No SSL

I have searched through several forums and tried some of the suggestions, but they appear to be more in the context of modifying the report, not fixing an error. The only customization we have done so far is revealing a few extra fields in Contact and Opportunity UI screens -- no report or table customization whatsoever.

Doug Landholt

Friday, November 22, 2013 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi There

did you find a resolution for this?

Im having the same issue.

Regards

Monday, February 10, 2014 7:49 AM
  • I would try two things to start with. (if this is an on-prem installation)

1) Turn on the CRM Tracing, it might reveal more information even if it is a bit messy to read

2) Look at the Reporting Services log located in "Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles" (in a standard installation)

Hopefully one of these will give more information. That you have ambiguous names of a field is a bit disturbing though, specially if you haven't done any customizations.

Regards

Rickard Norström Developer CRM-Konsulterna
    http://www.crmkonsulterna.se
    Swedish Dynamics CRM Forum: http://www.crmforum.se
    My Blog: http://rickardnorstrom.blogspot.se

Monday, February 10, 2014 8:10 AM
  • Did you guys ever find a solution to this issue.  I am experiencing the exact same issue with CRM 2013.

processing!ReportServer_0-9!69c!08/25/2015-13:33:17:: e ERROR: An exception has occurred in data set 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename'.
    processing!ReportServer_0-9!69c!08/25/2015-13:33:17:: i INFO: DataPrefetch abort handler called for Report with ID=. Aborting data sources ...
    processing!ReportServer_0-9!a90!08/25/2015-13:33:18:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ProcessingAbortedException: An error has occurred during report processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Query execution failed for dataset 'DSPipelineBySalesStage'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: Ambiguous column name 'salesstagename'.

Thanks!

Robyn

Robyn

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 7:00 PM
  • We've seen very little on this case since we posted it. I think my users may have created a substitute report of their own. 

Since that time, however, we migrated to CRM 2015 (first going from 2011 to 2013, and immediately on to 2015). To be honest, I'd forgotten about that report. When I was notified of your question, I called it up in version 2015, and it appears to be fixed.

Doug Landholt

Wednesday, August 26, 2015 1:49 PM