OCS 2007 Enerprise Add Server to Pool fails with "Unable to retrieve WMI settings of MSFT_SIPLogSetting" RRS feed

• Question

• I am to the step of Adding a Server to a Pool in the installation of OCS 2007 Enterprise Edition but can go no further. I consistently get the error message

"Unable to retrieve WMI setting of MSFT_SIPLogSetting from pool backend <server name>".

I have been reading the previous posts on this error and have tried all the solutions with no success.

I am running Windows Server 2003 sp2 and Sql Server 2005 sp2.

I have made sure TCP/IP and Named Pipes are the protocols my backend pool server.

I have run WMIDiag on the host server and backend server with total success including the WriteIRepository with the correct success messages.

I have made sure the 3 suggested services are enabled and running on the backend server (SQL Server Agent, WMI Perfermance Adapter and SQL Server Browser).

There are no connectivity issues between the two servers.

I am at a loss.

Any suggestions would be received with gratitude.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 8:24 PM

All replies

• Maybe this can help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937300/en-us

regards,

thomas

Monday, June 16, 2008 3:20 PM
  • Hey..

Try connecting from the frontend to the backend by 'telnet <BACKEND-IP> 1433'. If you don't get a connection, check your IP, WINS and DNS settings on the frontend server.

Regards
    Monday, January 19, 2009 1:09 PM

• Check and make sure that you have open the correct port in the Windows Firewall for and on the SQL Server 2005/2008 server itself. WFW should be running and not disabled during the entire OCS R2  setup process and kept opened in order that R2 can dynamically open ports where required. Check out TechNet here for detail steps.

Do let us know if this helps. Thanks.

http://www.leedesmond.com
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 3:59 PM
  • I am having the exact same issue, except:
    SQL2k8 server running on a seperate Win2k8 64bit server (using the default instance)
    Loading OCS2k7R2 EE on a Win2k8 64 bit server

All three services are running and the 1433 port is open.  I did have to create the pool database by hand.

Any more ideas to try?

Thanks in advance.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 10:25 PM