Is it possible to change the Server Sorage Tab to add something to it? RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to crete an add-in for WHS that needs to make some changes to the Server Storage Tab. Is that possible?

And if we make our changes, what happens if microsoft changes the code for that tab in an update? I don't want our changes to get lost.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

BJ

BJ
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:50 PM

Answers

• No. You can create your own tab and put whatever you like on it, but the built-in tabs (including the tab the manufacturer of an OEM server may add) are not available to you for customization.

And to answer the second part of your question, any changes you may manage to make to the components that Microsoft distributes such as e.g. replacing the home page on the Windows Home Server Remote Access site will be lost if Microsoft updates that component.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:24 PM

All replies

• No. You can create your own tab and put whatever you like on it, but the built-in tabs (including the tab the manufacturer of an OEM server may add) are not available to you for customization.

And to answer the second part of your question, any changes you may manage to make to the components that Microsoft distributes such as e.g. replacing the home page on the Windows Home Server Remote Access site will be lost if Microsoft updates that component.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Sunday, March 28, 2010 10:24 PM
  • Thanks Ken. Not the answer I was hoping for, but if that is the way it is, we can't do much about it.

Regards,

BJ

BJ
    Monday, March 29, 2010 4:35 AM