Invalid Product Key? RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I bought a TOSHIBA laptop in which Vista Home Basic was pre-installed. After few days, each time I want to use any o the Microsoft Office programs, the system will request for a product key. I found the product key on the sticker at the base of the laptop and copied it in. But to my surprise an error message "Invalid Product key" would be displayed. I tried this several times and the same error message kept on coming. Now what can I do to get over this problem and start using my laptop for the purpose I bought it.

Thank you

Sunday, November 4, 2007 3:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Leke Job,

Some computer come with a Trial version of Office. Usually if you want a Full version of Office, you would either have to specifically request that it come with your computer or buy it separately.

The other poster is correct in that the product key on the sticker on the bottom of the computer is only for Windows.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:06 PM

All replies

• Once again, the key on the bottom of the laptop is NOT FOR MICROSOFT OFFICE!!! It is ONLY for the Windows installation! And nonetheless, its useless anyways, as it is an OEM!!! I guess its more of a "show-off" kind of thing, and doesn't do much anything else. All the key does on the bottom of your laptop is prove that you purchased it. THAT'S ALL. If you try to reinstall Windows Vista, it will NOT work.

If your Toshiba laptop did not COME with Office, then your out of luck and need to buy it.
    Monday, November 5, 2007 7:33 PM
  • Hi Leke Job,

Some computer come with a Trial version of Office. Usually if you want a Full version of Office, you would either have to specifically request that it come with your computer or buy it separately.

The other poster is correct in that the product key on the sticker on the bottom of the computer is only for Windows.

Thank you,
    Darin Smith
    WGA Forum Manager

Friday, November 9, 2007 11:06 PM