Customize Partner Portal and Customer Portal in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there!

Is it possible to customize and extend the code of the Partner Relationship Management Portal and Customer Portal? Can I create new pages, new functionalities and use new entities?Is it dificult?

Thanks in advance!

[]'s Juliano Bassetto - [MCT/MCP/MCITP/MCTS] - Semper Fi! Carry On!
    Friday, November 11, 2011 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Juliano,

Yes it is possible to extend both the portals. The CRM SDK provides documentation and samples that you can leverage: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24004.

- Palak

• Proposed as answer by Maria Joaquin Friday, November 11, 2011 6:42 PM
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:34 PM
  • But can I change the source code from the both Portals and recompile to use it, according to my requirements?
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:13 PM
  • Anyone?
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:21 PM
  • Yes you should be able to. All the code is available to you as part of the portal package.
    Friday, November 18, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Hello there can anyone please help.

I have create a new page name task, and I want all the task associated with that contact displayed on that page, is there a help on how I could do that?

I tried to check and it seems I have to add a taskAccess entity as well?

How about this part of the code what does this mean?

ActivitiesList.ColumnsGenerator = new CrmSavedQueryColumnsGenerator("Cases Web View");

where was Cases Web View called?

Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011 12:22 AM
  • I would highly recommend examining all of the code in the portals to see the programatic extensibility. As for task access, you can add an entity if you like. Tht would mean that you could configure task security on a contact-by-contac basis.  The CrmSavedQueryColumnsGenerator class will generate columns for a gridview based on the columns in a saved query name.  In this case (no pun intended), you can view the columns in the view in CRM on the incident/case entity.
    Shan McArthur www.shanmcarthur.net Check out the commercial edition of xRM portals @ www.adxstudio.com
    Monday, January 23, 2012 2:18 PM