Windows Activation Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dell laptop and also an original copy of windows 7 home basic . A few days back i entered an upgrade key to upgrade my windows to ultimate however i was under the pretence that my copy being genuine this  is legal however now i am experiencing problems regarding the genuinenes of windows . How can i get back my home basic ?? 

Friday, December 2, 2011 1:50 PM

Answers

• You have to reinstall Windows to downgrade from Ultimate to Basic.  If you do not have recovery software you need to order it from the manufacturer of your computer.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:32 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:46 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Lets see about the genuiness of your ultimate. Where did you get your ultimate key?

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool (MGADiag.exe) at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue", click the "Copy" button then “Paste” the report into a reply message in this thread.

Friday, December 2, 2011 2:44 PM
    Answerer
  • You have to reinstall Windows to downgrade from Ultimate to Basic.  If you do not have recovery software you need to order it from the manufacturer of your computer.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, December 6, 2011 12:32 AM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 2:46 PM
    Answerer