ImageSize handling in Picture Library RRS feed

• Question

• How can I configure image size of pictures in a picture library. I tried to follow these steps https://sharepoint.rackspace.com/how-to-change-image-size-and-shape-in-sharepoint. But finally I do have Look and Fell -- > Image Renditions under top level site settings, can even see and define new Image Renditions, but I do not see Image Renditions when I hover over the elipse of a picture thumbnail in my picture library. Also, I actually would preferable not need to select from my Image Renditions definitions for each and any picture. My pictures have a size of e.g. 3840 x 2160 but within the picture library, or a slide show with Picture Library Slideshow webpart, they only show up like e.g. ~ 500 x 400 px.

How can I control picture size and set it globally per Picture Library to a certain resolution. What if original size is smaller or ratio of certain pictures is not adequate tom my settings?

Honestly speaking, in my opinion this picture support is rather little with SharePoint so called Picture Libraries. There must be more then this, should it?

kind regards,
    Dieter Tontsch
    mobileX AG
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 10:39 AM