none
Multiple RAB board RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Can we attach multiple RAB board on a single SORA RCB board?

SORA RCB board has two ports for RAB connection. 

Can we use both ports simultaneously and execute independently (sora tx/rx simultaneously or is configured in different freq and so on) ?

Okhwan

Monday, April 1, 2013 11:02 AM

Answers

• 1. If you are interested in attaching multiple RAB to a single RCB, I guess you will be interested in Sora MIMO.

2. Current RAB already performs tx/rx simultaneously. The real constraint is on the WiFi radio which is half-duplex using a RF switch.

-Jiansong

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:15 AM

All replies

• 1. If you are interested in attaching multiple RAB to a single RCB, I guess you will be interested in Sora MIMO.

2. Current RAB already performs tx/rx simultaneously. The real constraint is on the WiFi radio which is half-duplex using a RF switch.

-Jiansong

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 4:15 AM
  • What should we do to solve half-duplex problem of WiFi radio (WARP or USRP daughter board)?

We can only attach single wifi radio to a single RAB board, even if a RAB supprots tx/rx concurrent transmission. 

Therefore, I asked you whether we can attach multiple RAB board to a single RCB board or multiple RCB board to a single PC or not.

Thank you.

Okhwan

Friday, April 5, 2013 3:13 AM
  • Currently there is NO plug-and-play solution. The constraint is the MAX2829 WiFi chip used on both WARP radio and USRP xcvr2450.

You can try other USRP daughter boards. Maybe some support full-duplex. Physically most (if not all) USRP daughter boards can be inserted into Sora RAB. But the RAB firmware needs to be updated which means you need to modify FPGA codes.

-Jiansong

Monday, April 8, 2013 3:31 AM