Compatible USB 2.0 adapters??? RRS feed

• Question

• I am running WHS on a frankenstein Dell Optiplex GX 240. (Frankenstein in that it was built from 4 "dead" Dell Optiplex 240's.) Works fantastic with 2 networked PC's, one laptop and streaming to an xBox 360. 

Anyway, the MB only supports USB1.0 and I plan to add some USB drives for expirementation. Can anyone/everyone post suggestions on "known" compatible USB 2.0 PCI cards? Strangley enough, I don't have any cards just laying around. (My wife probably wouldn't believe me but it's the truth.) So... before I buy one, I'd rather get some feedback and then buy.

Thanks,

Paul

Sunday, April 1, 2007 3:04 PM

Answers

• You will need a card which is either supported directly by Windows Server 2003, or which includes drivers for that OS. (That will be most of them.) You should be able to get one for $10.00 or so.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:35 PM

All replies

• You will need a card which is either supported directly by Windows Server 2003, or which includes drivers for that OS. (That will be most of them.) You should be able to get one for $10.00 or so.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 4:35 PM
  • In a similar position to PMSNet, I just went out and picked up the cheapest USB2.0 card I could find - "Omega" brand (out of China), under $5 - it has a VIA VT6212L chipset - appears to work fine with the drivers on the WHS install DVD.
    Sunday, April 1, 2007 6:40 PM