Hosted vs. In-House RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have any information or links to information on the benefits/pain of having Project Server hosted vs In-house?
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:29 PM

Answers

• I've worked with both. If you aren't doing a lot of customization and you don't have the technical staff to support the stack, hosting is the way to go.

If you are doing customization/integration, likely, you won't be a fit for hosting.

As for docs, I'm not aware of anything. I've worked with ProjectHosts, who were fantastic and I'm working with Office 365 currently.

Hope this helps,

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:37 PM

All replies

• I've worked with both. If you aren't doing a lot of customization and you don't have the technical staff to support the stack, hosting is the way to go.

If you are doing customization/integration, likely, you won't be a fit for hosting.

As for docs, I'm not aware of anything. I've worked with ProjectHosts, who were fantastic and I'm working with Office 365 currently.

Hope this helps,

Treb Gatte @tgatte

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:37 PM
  •  Hi Brian,

I don't think so we can clearly define such boundary. Both type of deployment has pros and cons.

From the infrastructure point of you hosted environment is better as compare to in house, but if data security, connectivity is a concern then in house deployment has an advantage.

I would recommend evaluate Project Online solution hosted by Microsoft (Office 365) soon to be released.

http://www.microsoft.com/project/en-us/Preview/project-benefits.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 5:42 PM
  • thanks for the insights Treb and Hrishi
    Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:54 PM