MCTS 70-511??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to studying C# and WPF technology and want to complete a certification in it.

I wanted to know if there are any prerequisites for this exam,which book is the best to learn from,its cost in India and till when is it going to be valid coz I saw many of the certifications expire like the ones related to .NET 3.5.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 10:09 AM

Answers

• There's no prerequisites for 70-511. The MS Press book for 70-511 is good.

The exam is pretty new, so it won't expire for another couple of years.

Check the exam booking website for costs. It's different in every country.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:01 PM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:26 AM

All replies

• There's no prerequisites for 70-511. The MS Press book for 70-511 is good.

The exam is pretty new, so it won't expire for another couple of years.

Check the exam booking website for costs. It's different in every country.

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:41 AM
    • Marked as answer by Horizon_NetEditor Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:01 PM
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:26 AM
  • The website to find pricing on is https://www.register.prometric.com/Index.asp
    Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:41 AM
  • Is the MS book the best one to prepare from or would you suggest any other book?

Would reading the book alone be sufficient in getting good marks in the exam??

Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:22 PM
  • Is the MS book the best one to prepare from or would you suggest any other book?

There isn't many other books on this exam so the MS Press Kit is the best one to use. 

You could also use the skills measured (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-511) in the exam to research content on MSDN

Would reading the book alone be sufficient in getting good marks in the exam??

Not if you haven't got much experience in C# and WPF.

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Please mark answered if I've answered your question and vote for it as helpful to help other user's find a solution quicker
    Monday, September 12, 2011 4:44 AM
  • Also worth pointing even if an exam is retired you still have that qualification no one can take that away. Just makes it more exclusive as no new certs will be issues on that platform. I remember when 1st 2000 MCSE exams got retired a lot of people complained but eventually moved on and now have multiple  certs with MS & others.

And Yes MS Press books are a good way to study they have Self Paced Training and Reference books on most MS technologies.

Cheers

Craig

www.mspress.com.au

Craig Roberts Woodslane
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:24 PM