keeping one care extra features after uninstall, and different anti virus program install RRS feed

• Question

• Looks like Live one care is going off line.....OK.   But I mostly like the ability to automatically use printers across my network because of live one care.  I like the various other features as well.  I don't mind using a different anti virus program, but I am not checked our enough to do the network connecting with out tedious fooling around.  My question is....can I uninstall just the anti virus portion of live one care, and keep the other features operational, or is there a microsofe program available with most of these additional features.  I like using microsoft for this kind of thing, since I figure that there will probably be fewer issues of compatibility, and quicker fixes when needed.
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, August 13, 2010 1:23 PM (From:Windows Live OneCare Anti-Spyware)
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 5:55 AM

Answers

• When One Care is uninstalled the entire program is uninstalled. I never used the printer sharing feature of One Care so I don't know if they will have to be reconfigured after uninstall. There isn't another Microsoft program that has the features of One Care. If you need to reconfigure your printers after uninstalling one care you can get help here - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/xpnetwork/threads?filter=answered

Jim

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Friday, August 13, 2010 1:30 PM

All replies