IE9 and eLearning Lab Issues RRS feed

• Question

• engaged in course 10237 on a Vista Ultimate machine with a DSL connection.  Although I already have a problem with a lab exercise I now find that the lab will not appear at all after upgrading to IE9.  Was this pairing tested in advance.  Please advise as the support team of record has become a major dissapointment
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 11:38 PM

All replies

• Hi

Please send your issue details at learnmgr@microsoft.com with the following detail’s?

-First Name

-Last Name

-Live ID you used to login to E-Learning

-16 Digit Hex PUID

16 Digit Hex PUID –

Go to the following site: 
    https://account.live.com/SummaryPage.aspx
    Sign-in to Windows Live.
    Click on Account Summary (in the left nav)
    Click on Registered Information (Above Password Reset Information)
    This will open up to your profile data. 
    Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see the words: Unique ID: [16 digits HexPUID]
    Copy that 16 digit number paste it into this email.

-Course Name and Number you are referring to.

-URL where error/issue encountered.

-Screenshot of the error if you can get.

-Detailed description of the problem.

-Phone number we can reach you at.

-Country you are located in.

Thanks,

Brian D’Silva

Microsoft Learning: Tier II Support Team.

Email: mslt2sup@microsoft.com

Friday, September 17, 2010 2:19 PM
  • Please send your issue details at learnmgr@microsoft.com with the following detail’s?

-First Name

-Last Name

-Live ID you used to login to E-Learning

-16 Digit Hex PUID

16 Digit Hex PUID –

Go to the following site: 
    https://account.live.com/SummaryPage.aspx
    Sign-in to Windows Live.
    Click on Account Summary (in the left nav)
    Click on Registered Information (Above Password Reset Information)
    This will open up to your profile data. 
    Scroll all the way down to the bottom and you will see the words: Unique ID: [16 digits HexPUID]
    Copy that 16 digit number paste it into this email. 0006BFFDA95FDB46 

Course Name and Number you are referring to.  10237 Installing, Configuring Windows 7

-URL where error/issue encountered.  https://www.microsoftelearning.com/?courseId=167005&topicId=539561 -Course 10237: Installing, - Windows Internet Explorer

-Screenshot of the error if you can get.  Will attach image sent directly to you

-Detailed description of the problem.  After logging into Microsoft eLearning the course 10237 was launched which lead to a completly blank webpage whose URL was   https://www.microsoftelearning.com/?courseId=167005&topicId=539561

-Phone number we can reach you at. (866) 841-9139 X 2578

-Country you are located in. United States

Friday, September 17, 2010 7:29 PM
  • I'm having problems also.  The Systems Requirements check gives me a perfect status.  When the viewer for a course trys to open "two" windows popup trying to load it and nothing ever happens.  I've had it with MSoft.  First their courses would not run on ie8 64 bit.  Now they won't run on ie9 32 bit yet their tool to status system readiness and their requirements say both work.  If their training courses won't run on their tools and their tools say they should then they are simply incompetent and should start refunding money to the entire world.
    Dhalgren
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 11:06 PM
  • I am having the same issues trying to connect to virtual labs, even though I have all the prerequesite software. Tried with IE9 (both 32 and 64 bit), and still have the same problem with the screen freezing at 'Connecting to Server'.  Using Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit..
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:45 PM
  • I'm having problems also.  The Systems Requirements check gives me a perfect status.  When the viewer for a course trys to open "two" windows popup trying to load it and nothing ever happens.  I've had it with MSoft.  First their courses would not run on ie8 64 bit.  Now they won't run on ie9 32 bit yet their tool to status system readiness and their requirements say both work.  If their training courses won't run on their tools and their tools say they should then they are simply incompetent and should start refunding money to the entire world.

I'm having many of the simailar problems as you folks and many others. I could not get ie8 64 or x86 to work at all in windows 7, had to use admin account just to be able to scan to satisfaction in 64 and x86 (many trips to adobe... flash, reader downloads, installs, .ect and than lost 64 bit after reboot) I'm now running IE*8 (32) as admin (finally scanned good again). Tried to load Course up from my e learning page that was %70 done (from xp ie6 set-up...ah those were the days) and it wants to know if I would like to buy it...lol was logging me out between my e learning and the course. Have till april on the course and 16 others. I was thinking of upgrading to ie9 is that some sort of service pack for ie8...lol , but that doest seem to be much of an answer from what i'm reading here and other places.
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 10:06 PM
  • I have the same problem.  The lab doesn't appear on IE9, but worked well on IE8.
    Sunday, May 22, 2011 4:19 AM
  • I had the same problem noted above when clicking on a course and being presented with a blank page, no content.

Contacted E-learning support and they had me add the site into the compatability view settings.  Since I was accessing course materials from https://helpstudent.microsoftelearning.com, that was what I needed to add to the compatibility view list.  

Monday, June 27, 2011 5:40 PM