I want to be out of sync RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have thousands of files in the LEFT folder, but I want to start echo sync from this point on.  From the definition of ECHO I thought this would work, but when it runs it copys the old 7k files from right to left.

Is there anyway to do what I need with SyncToy?  If not what would I have to buy to do this?

Thanks,    Jim

Friday, December 5, 2008 8:52 PM

Answers

• Hi, Jim

you mean the files that you donot want to sync are under the left folder of the sync pair.

But sync toy will think every thing under the folders of the pair are waiting to be synced. If you want to keep them only in the left side and not sync to the right side. only way is to move them ourside of the left folder which means let them out of the sync scope. Am i right  ?

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:51 AM

All replies

•  

sorry for that. you mean copy files from right side to left side  with echo action?

Thanks,

Baoke

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 10:27 AM
  •  

Yes, echo action.

My original post was incorrect also.  The files I do not want to sync are already on the left side, and when in the first run it copies them from the left to the right.  I thought it would just start echoing the changes from when the job was started

Thanks,   Jim

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 3:02 PM
  • Hi, Jim

you mean the files that you donot want to sync are under the left folder of the sync pair.

But sync toy will think every thing under the folders of the pair are waiting to be synced. If you want to keep them only in the left side and not sync to the right side. only way is to move them ourside of the left folder which means let them out of the sync scope. Am i right  ?

Thanks,

Baoke

Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:51 AM
  •  

My solution is to do the echo sync is to do the initial sync with ECHO then delete the files from the right side. 

That seems to do what I need.

Thanks,    Jim

Friday, December 19, 2008 6:21 PM