Unable to install connector RRS feed

Answers

• VAIL preview only supports English-US regional settings,

Check the regional settings on the Windows 7 client, and if not allready change it to english-US.
    Then re-try to install the connector software.

- Theo.

@Leen: your link seems to pint to private feedback?

No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:10 AM

All replies

• Known issue for us NON US participants ;-)
    Fix here :
    https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/560126/german-whs-vail-ctp4-cannot-install-connector

Took me some time before it worked as you can see in the comments there. But @ the end.. it worked.

"Henrik Nordgren" wrote in message news:5109e02a-8969-4e39-9247-390d481cfe56@communitybridge.codeplex.com...
    Hi!

When I try to install the connector from vail, I get an error with is just a blank critical error alert window.

https://connect.microsoft.com/WindowsHomeServer/feedback/details/568994/unable-to-install-connector-get-a-blank-error-message

I tried on all WIndows 7 clients we have at home, same result! What should I do?

/Henrik

Henrik

Have a nice day!
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:50 AM
  • VAIL preview only supports English-US regional settings,

Check the regional settings on the Windows 7 client, and if not allready change it to english-US.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 10:10 AM
  • "Theo van Elsberg" wrote in message news:706a0690-2a62-41b1-bb2f-7c1400ba6661@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

VAIL preview only supports English-US regional settings,

Check the regional settings on the Windows 7 client, and if not allready change it to english-US.

- Theo.

Hmm. see it here as :
    Access Restriction:  Public

There's an issue in the public beta where the Connector instllation may not succeed if the Locale of the computer is set to something other than the language of the Windows that is installed. I would guess that you have this set to German.

Can you try and go in and set the Region and Language values to English on your Windows 7 Home Premium US and then try again? After install you should then be able to set it back to German.

Have a nice day!
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 11:47 AM
  • Hi!

That did the trick.

/Henrik

Henrik
    Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:32 PM