genuine Microsoft Office 2007 gone after 2010 trial version finished... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I bought a new portable computer this summer. It is Windows 7 and it had Microsoft Office 2007 integrated in it, but I wanted to try out the 2010 version. So I downloaded the free trial version, then when the 60 days were over, the only thing I could do was uninstall it. The thing is, it apparently deleted the 2007 full version too! How can I get it back for free?

Thank you

Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:37 AM

Answers

• Your computer should have came with restoration or backup disks. Read your manual on software restoration options to see if there is an option to reinstall applications. Note that any option that performs a full restoration will wipe out any and all data on your drive.

Also, try running system restore and see if you have a restore point that is old enough to preceed the installation of office 2010.

Also be aware that the office version that came with your computer is probably a trial version, unless you specificly ordered office 2007 with your PC.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:37 PM
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 3:12 PM