Added wrong drive to home server...How do i get the data back? RRS feed

• Question

• Boy, did I goof this up.  Finally had everything working then realized that I had added the drive with all the old data!  ouch..  

I've tried a number of scan tools to try and recover the partition and the data with no luck.  Any suggestions?  When adding a drive to the server does it do something different than a normal format or repartition?  i've recovered files before but its never been this hard.  I'd appreciate any help I could get on this.  Thanks
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 10:04 PM

All replies

• Boy, did I goof this up.  Finally had everything working then realized that I had added the drive with all the old data!  ouch..  

I've tried a number of scan tools to try and recover the partition and the data with no luck.  Any suggestions?  When adding a drive to the server does it do something different than a normal format or repartition?  i've recovered files before but its never been this hard.  I'd appreciate any help I could get on this.  Thanks

No, it's a regular quick format of the drive.

At this point, your only option is data recovery (either a DIY app or a professional data recovery service).
    Monday, August 10, 2009 4:43 AM
  • Look at this it can recover data from formatted disks.
    Monday, August 10, 2009 10:27 AM