Recommended upgrade path from Money 2003 to Money Plus Sunset version RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone recommend a method to move from Money Deluxe 2003 to the latest sunset version.  I'll probably eventually move to quicken.  I'm not clear if I need to load an intermediate (2005,2006) version of Money before moving to the latest sunset version.  I'm in the US, and do not have Money tied to any bank import/exports.  I'd like to ensure I keep all transaction history as well as stock trade and quote history.

Thanks.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:15 PM

All replies

• You could use Money 2004 as an intermediate. It may or may not be required.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919524/en-us convert 2002 up....
    Download the M12USWEB.exe package now (money 2004 trial)

Friday, December 24, 2010 12:20 AM
  • First thing I'd do is make sure you have the M03 install CD or have a second computer to test on. Then I'd install Sunset and try it. If it's not going to work and you need the intermediate upgrade, that'll be apparent pretty fast.
    Friday, December 24, 2010 8:35 PM
  • @Klax18 -  I have the same problem, only difference is I have MS Money 2003 Standard.  Would appreciate what transpired and if there is a solution to be able to upgrade to Sunset version.  Thanks
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 12:22 PM
  • @Klax18 -  I have the same problem, only difference is I have MS Money 2003 Standard.  Would appreciate what transpired and if there is a solution to be able to upgrade to Sunset version.  Thanks

If your file is not from North America, you do not have the same problem. If it is, then you can use the same solution.
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:10 PM
  • Thanks Klax18.  You're right mine is international version.  I have made some progress - posted under "Help migrating exported data in CSV format from MS Money 2003 Standard into MS Money Plus Home & Business Sunset Version"

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 5:29 AM