turn off firewall RRS feed

• Question

• How can I turn off the One Care Firewall?  Not just for one day but until and if I decide to turn it back on?

Thanks
    Monday, February 4, 2008 6:29 PM

Answers

• Open OneCare, click change settings, check Off for the firewall and select "turn off indefinitely" which will put the OneCare status in red and at risk.

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:21 AM

All replies

• Open OneCare, click change settings, check Off for the firewall and select "turn off indefinitely" which will put the OneCare status in red and at risk.

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 1:21 AM
  •  

When I click on Change OneCare Settings, I get a new window with tabs.

I select the Firewall tab and the only options are to suspend the firewall for up to one day

I do not see any place to select turn off indefinitely.  There is a slider and when I move it to the bottom (Red) I can select up to 24 hours

What am I missing?

Thanks,

JoeSmile

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:27 AM
  • Ah, you have not yet updated to version 2.0. You are describing the 1.6 version.

You should have updated to v2 by now. Go to help/about and make sure you know your Subscription LiveID. Uninstall OneCare, reinstall from http://onecare.live.com and activate with the subscription LiveID. You will now have the latest version. Is the status green? I wonder why you haven't yet gotten v2?

Note that the reinstall will require all settings, including backup to be defaulted to a new install.

-steve

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:36 AM